If your mantra in life is to live happily and healthily, you want to always eat healthy foods. You also want to serve healthy and delicious foods to your family, so they too can be healthy and happy with their lives.
Today, we are going to take a look at a really good recipe that is easy to do. I am talking about the Pan-Roasted Chicken with Gravy. Pan-Roasted chicken is one of the best foods that can be served for the family because not only is chicken healthy, but you can also add in a host of other healthy ingredients into the dish as well.
It does take quite a while to cook, but I promise you, this is one of the most delicious and healthy Pan-Roasted chicken recipes out there. So, let’s get started! Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 3 1/2-pound chicken, giblets removed
- 1 teaspoon peanut or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons butter softened and sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Next, mash some garlic and salt it into a paste in a bowl. Stir in Pepper and Thyme as well.
- Using a knife, cut out any excess fat from the chicken.
- Next, use your fingers to loosen up the skin over the thighs and breasts to make small pockets. Make it absolutely sure that you do not tear up the skin completely.
- Rub the garlic mix over the breast and thigh meat, making sure that you rub them evenly.
- Heat the oil and add a teaspoon of butter in the cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook by turning it often. Make sure that it is browned on all sides. It usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cast-iron skillet into the oven and roast it at 165 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. After one hour, take off the pan from the oven and let the chicken cool.
- While the chicken is cooling, add another teaspoon of butter and flour in a bowl until it turns into a paste. Place the cast-iron skillet on a medium-high heat. Add the broth for it to simmer and stir it a little to get some little browned chicken bits.
- Slowly add the butter and flour mixture in the pan. Skim off the any risen fat with a spoon.
- Carve the chicken with a dazzle of gravy.
- Serve and Enjoy!
In each serving of this Chicken and Gravy dish, you get a total of 223 calories, 10g of fat, 1 gram of carbs, and 31g of protein. Do not worry as this is a very lean chicken recipe, making it perfect for a family dinner while also ensuring your family that they will eat a healthy and delicious meal.
If you want to serve a healthy and delicious dish for you and your family, then this is one dish you should try.